Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Body Fat

Today I tried to measure my bodyfat using some calipers that I bought. I have scales that measure bodyfat along with weight, but I know that they are not supposed to be as accurate as calipers (if used properly.) Anyway, I tried the calipers 4 times and got essentially the same reading - 16%. My scale shows me at 24%, so I'm going to split the difference and call it 20%, which puts me in the atheletic classification.

Along those lines: I started going through my old work clothes to decide what I would wear for court tomorrow. Everything is too big! I found one pair of size 4 pants, but they are a little too casual for court. I guess I'll go through my suits, it's a little easier to wear them when they are too big - not as noticeable. Well, I'm getting ready to go to dinner with one of my former foster children. It is her case that I am testifying in tomorrow - the termination of parental rights. I'm always so happy to see her. She is such an inspiration.

Hugs!
Cara

4 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger O' Natur Nail said…

    u look awesome, great job!!

    i'm down from 165 to 129 - and still going... yea NS!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Dianna, thanks for your comments. I call her my "foster child", but actually I was her social worker. For a couple of years, though, it was just she and I as Mom was having no contact and there were no foster parents (just a group home).

    Today in court the judge terminated her mother's parental rights (mom didn't show up of course) and she can now be adopted (adoptive mom was in court today). She told me that she finally feels "free". It was SO touching.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Tressa, thanks! You're doing pretty great yourself!

    Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home