Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Perspective

Throughout my life I've used food and exercise as a reward or punishment - sometimes punishing myself into dangerously low body weight/body fat levels. I'm realizing more, every year, that food is to keep you alive, not to punish or reward. This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn and stems back to my childhood. In high school and college, and at other times in my life, I've felt the need to have such extreme control over everything I ate and what I weighed that I was miserable. For the last couple of years I tried to totally ignore what I weighed and ate anything I wanted in any portion. That wasn't the right answer either. I feel like I am finally at a place in my life that I can put eating and my weight in the proper perspective. I'm eating and exercising reasonably. This is a daily challenge. It's very hard not to fall back into over exercising and under eating as I see the weight coming off. I want to look good. I want to feel good.

Hugs,
Cara

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks, Paul. I'm really trying hard to keep my balance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home