Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What's Next!!????

OMG! I feel like I'm being bled dry during the holidays. I just found out I need a new dryer (the repair man just left). This on top of all the Christmas gifts that I still have to buy, plus I really need to get new tires and I just got through buying new Bball shoes since the season started this month (not cheap since my son wears a 13 and the school requires a specific brand/style so that the whole team matches.) Not to mention, the schools are in a perpetual state of fund raising. I don't want to buy any more wrapping paper, candles, candy, etc. I swear, every time I turn around it seems like someone has their hand out! I can't wait to get through Christmas and get life back to normal i.e. no more Christmas shopping!!!!

On a brighter note, we only have 3 months left in Gary's deployment. I talked to him via email last night and he seemed to be doing well. It will be so nice to have him home. It's SO weird to not really talk to another adult all day. Well, at least I will get to visit with my old co-workers again on Friday. I have to testify and am looking forward to visiting with the attys and the judge (family court) for a few minutes afterwards.

Well, I guess I'd better head to Lowe's and price dryers.

Hugs!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks, Shawna.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks Dianna! I hope it does go by fast. We are only about 5 years from retirement, and I say WE because it has definitely been a team effort;) I'm sure you can relate to that. Even at this point I worry what it will be like when he retires. He's been a Marine for so long, I just can't picture him doing anything else. He gets misty at other people's retirement ceremonies. How will he be at his own??!! lol

    Hugs,
    Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home