Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Just Another Day

Today was just another day. I picked my oldest daughter up from school for lunch. We talked more about her taking the ASVAB - she is still torn between joining the Navy or the Army. My son had a basketball game tonight, but didn't play. He was one of only a couple of freshman to make the JV team, so he isn't really seeing any action yet. I didn't follow much of a diet plan today, I did burn 600 calories at the gym though, so I'm not really stressing it. I ate some french fries and some ice cream today, but not too much of either. In fact, I couldn't finish the ice cream from Cold Stone and had to give it to my son to finish. He ate his and the rest of mine - teenage boys and their metabolisms?!

I didn't hear from Gary today, I guess it was a really busy day in the dessert. Hopefully I'll hear from him tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping this second 1/2 of the deployment will seem faster than the first 1/2 did. This has seemed like the longest one in his career. I know it must be due to him having 2 deployments so close together. I think he will be suprised to see the changes I've made to the house while he was gone. I know he'll be suprised to see me over 20 pounds lighter! lol I expect that I will stall at about a 25 pound loss. That is fine, I really don't NEED to lose any more. I'm wearing a size 4 and for my height, that's pretty thin. I'm getting lots of compliments and no one has said that I look TOO thin, which sometimes happens when I lose weight. I guess I should turn in for the night. The Daily Show will be on soon and that's the one TV show that I watch faithfully. I love Jon Stewart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home