Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Friday, December 16, 2005

129

Well, after holding out at 131 for what seemed like forever, I got up this morning and had lost ANOTHER pound!! 129! Finally, all that exercising is paying off - thank God, because I am exhausted.

On another front, my daughter is going to MEPS on Monday to do her final paperwork and swear into the Army. I really wish Gary was here to swear her in, but at least he will be here when she finishes bootcamp. I will hate to see her leave the nest, but I'm happy for her to get to spread her wings. My ideal was for her to go to a University after graduation, but emotionally she just doesn't feel ready for that. I think that she is a pretty smart kid to know that, rather than to enroll in college and then bomb out. Being in the military after high school is a little like a baby step in leaving your house because you still have a "parent" looking over you! lol At any rate, I'm happy for her and she is very excited about being a "real" adult.

Hugs,
Cara

3 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Hey Cara,

    Your daughter is one smart cookie. So many kids go off to college and can't handle it all. It's good she knows herself well enough to know she can't do that just yet. Congrats to her on joining the army!

    Danielle

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Wow Cara! You are cruisin! congrats on the 129. I don't know about you, but I was so excited to see that 2 there the first time. How exciting about your daughter! It sounds like she is wise beyond her years. Not to mention brave!
    E

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks guys! I was so excited to see that 2 on the scale. I haven't seen it in years. In fact, I'm smaller than I was in my senior year of high school (by a little bit).

    As for my daughter, she's a pretty nifty kid! lol

    Hugs,
    Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home