Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Swimming in Dust!

Well, I've be absent from the blog for a while now. As you can see from the pictures, there has been a lot going on at our house. Luckily the vast majority of the exterior is done - however, the interior is still in full swing. I have sheetrock dust in every nook and cranny of my house, as well as my eyes, ears and nose! What a mess. Gary and I saved $ by doing all our own demolition and all the finish work. The guest bathroom should be done by this weekend at the latest. The master suite is still in progress. Fortunately it is on the opposite end of the house from our current bedroom. In fact it is separated from the rest of the house really. So...maybe we can contain some of the dust from that part of the remodel.

I hope everyone is still doing well out there in cyberspace. I'll be checking in with all of you as soon as I dust off a little.

Hugs,
Cara

6 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    WOW - now that's "CURB APPEAL" - looking good!! Welcome back.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    You're still alive!!! :)

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Dang! Not fair! You are getting everything done well ahead of me......maybe because I suffer from procrastination from time to time??? So far everything looks great! Can't wait to see the new interior work.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I like the new color of your house. It looks GREAT!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger O' Natur Nail said…

    wb!! missed ya! :)

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited about how everything is coming out. My kid's/guest bathroom is finished except for the touch-up paint and hanging the curtain. I thought I'd have that knocked out Monday, but I had to do a little patching & sanding - SO maybe later today or tomorrow.

    Hugs,
    Cara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home