Gary's Girl

Just me and my everyday experiences as a military wife and mom.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Home Improvement

Well, I haven't been posting much lately - mainly because Gary is still on leave, but also because we are trying to get a home remodeling project off the ground. We purchased 21 replacement windows for the house and hopefully they will all be installed by the end of April??? Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but they are being put in by a crew, so maybe. We talked to the HVAC guy yesterday and I think that we will have that replaced by Mid-April. We also talked to a carpenter yesterday about the interior work. We've talked to several contractors, but WOW the contractor's fees just scare me to death. So, we decided to see if we could just do the sub contracting ourselves. Fortunately, Gary is very handy. I knew growing up on a farm would pay off! lol At any rate, he is doing the repair work on the deck, the sunroom kit,the drywalling in the house for the new master suite and the flooring. I'm just anxious for things to really get rolling. The closing for the loan is Friday, we just have to get more things lined up so it will eventually get done. Luckily he redid my kitchen a couple of years ago - pre Afghanistan & Iraq - so we'll only be inconvenienced by being down to one bathroom during the remodel. I'll post pictures as things get rolling.

Hugs ya'll!
Cara

6 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    I'm so glad you're able to spend time with hubby. Sounds like you're pretty busy over there. How's the recovery going, by the way?

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Diane, thanks for asking. I'm still feeling great! I really expected that the surgery would be more of an ordeal than it was - now the remodel....that's probably going to be every bit of the ordeal that I expect and then some! lol

    Jeff, you can use it if it helps you. However, I'm nowhere near AZ.

    Hugs,
    Cara

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Cara - good luck on all of your home modeling projects. Sounds ambitious!! And glad to see I'm not the only one that gets weird comments :-)

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Remodeling is such a big undertaking. Good luck with that. You must be so happy to just have Gary home.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Isn't remodeling fun?!?! I guess it's true what they say about wives! Sounds like you have one heck of a "hunny do" list for him (lol)!!

    Having the skills to do some of the work will really help keep the cost down, have fun!

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    So, how is it going? Haven't heard from you in a while so I'm assuming you are enjoying your time with your DH and busy with the remodel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home